The Legal Bits
Prior to us being able to print and forward your new plates, proper identification and valid DVLA paperwork are required in order to purchase number plates within the United Kingdom. This UK law is designed to stop the practice of auto cloning. However, the process of presenting the right ID and documentation is actually a simple and straightforward process and completing it quickly should not be a problem. To assist you with getting your plates in a timely fashion, we will begin to manufacture your new plates as soon as your payment is processed.
In order to comply with UK laws, you’ll need to send crisp pictures of your ID and DVLA-approved documentation to our company preferably via electronic mail, using the form we have supplied, (however there is an address on the order form page for you to post the relevant information to us).
For full details of what is considered to be a valid verification document, please see below.
IMPORTANT – Verification Requirements.
Thank you for your order. Your plates will be made up immediately but cannot be dispatched until you have complied with the following two easy steps……..
It is a requirement of law that before we can dispatch your number plate/s, we need to see proof of your name and address and your connection with the registration mark or vehicle. You can provide this proof by uploading a scan or image (taken with your camera phone, for example) of your chosen documents and email them to us.
Please use the form on the order form page to send us the relevant information, this form has been specially created just for this purpose and has been made as simple as possible to complete. Note; the form has been created to allow an all in one process, providing your number plate requirements and the verification documents in one go.
One only of any from the following list:
- A valid driving license (whether or not issued in the United Kingdom) Front side only please with or without photo.
- A bank or building society statement issued in the last 6 months
- A national identity card (whether or not issued in the United Kingdom)
- A utility bill (including council tax or Rates from the last 6 months)
The following items will confirm your name only:
- A passport (does not have to be issued in the UK)
- A police warrant card
- An armed forces identity card
- A bank or building society credit or debit card
- Form V5 (log book) – Just the front cover is required, please do not send all pages
- The new keeper supplement (V5C/2)
- Form V750 (certificate of entitlement to a registration mark)
- Form V778 (retention document relating to a right of retention in a registration mark)
- Form V11 (vehicle licensing reminder issued to a registered keeper
- Form V379 (temporary registration certificate)
- Form V948 (authorisation to purchase a number plate)
- An electronic Number Plate Authorisation Certificate (eV948)
- A record of insurer’s name, reference and policy numbers (for repairs approved by an insurance company)
- If your vehicle is part of a fleet in the new V5C On Demand Scheme (also known as ‘V5C Supperssion’), a PDF of the vehicle’s details from the View Vehicle Record Service
If you do not have the facility or ability to email a scan or photograph of your documents, you may visit us in person with copies of them, at the following address:-
Monkton Road Farm,
There is a separate address shown on the form submission page, please note, this is for POSTAL SUBMISSION ONLY.
We understand that this law is an inconvenience for you the purchaser but as a registered number plate supplier, we have to abide. Rest assured, if you comply with the above promptly then there will be absolutely no delay in the sending out of your order.